water dripping into the a/c drip pan

Quick question.
Is is ok for water to be dripping from the evaporator coil to the a/c drip pan?
I have 2 A/C units in my house and one now has water in the drip pan that flows through an over flow pipe through the facia on my house. The other A/C unit never does this.
I have lived in the house for two years and have never seen this before. Should I be concerned? Is something wrong?
The filters are new.
DUDE
Why do you think it's called a DRIP PAN ???????
DUH !!!!!!!!!
By the way, are you blonde?
--------------
On 11 Jul 2005 19:01:00 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Obviously there is indeed a problem. The auxiliary pan is designed to catch any overflow from the primary pan inside the unit or coil box. There are several possible conditions that will cause this overflow. The most commonly encountered of these is that the primary condensate line is stopped up.
hvacrmedic
Id go with hvamedic and see if a line is clogged, for my unit the outside lower tray is a secondary saftey, the inside could be wet, actualy adding humidity and causing rust if water is pooling and not quickly draining
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 05:24:20 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

I'd just replace the whol AC and be done with it. Why piss around with old junk.
I would be worried about the A/C unit that is NOT dripping, unless you live in the southwest.

it is very normal, basacly, if they "arnrt" dripping i would be conserned. the heat from your house is sucked over the coils making them "sweat" right at the frezing but not solid state, hence, condinsation.

The drip pan has been dry for more than two years. Water from the a/c normally flows directly though the waste water system in my house. Water dripping from a different pipe into the large drip pan under the unit is a new thing.
Can I unclog the primary myself or do I need to get someone in to take a look.
I am mostly concerned about the puddle accumulating right outside my back door which is getting quite big now.
A/C is only 4 years old so is not junk
It is probably clogged with mold, compressed air should blow it out or run soe wire through it and pour in bleach, as I understand it water is catching in the saftey tray not draining through the unit automaticly
that was it! Thank you all. the overflow was clogged - I unclogged using a pump! No more dripping water outside my house.