water dripping from soffit vent

We just move in to a two year old house. We live in a cold climate, but during a recent warm spell i noticed water deipping along a line running down the middle of the soffit vents over top of our covered porch. What could be causing this, do I need to be worried, and if so what can I do about it?
thanks,
ash
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Do a GOOGLE search for: "Ice Dam"
Or do an Advanced Search here: http://groups.google.com / on this newsgroup.
It can be damaging.
Jim
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Ice dam, inadequate venting, bath, kitchen or dryer vents vented to the attic not exterior, inadequate vapor barrier in the ceiling and maybe more.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Yes it can be serious, have you looked in the attic, is it black and moldy looking, likely warm air is condensing and freezes, when it warm to near 32 it melts and runs out. It could be a few things but must be addresed before you rot your roof deck and beams, Was it inspected by an inspector, if so he should have caught the warning signs.
On 21 Dec 2005 11:51:19 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Humidity is invisible, but I can't help thinking you still might be able to go to the attic and get some idea where it is coming from
If it is an ice dam, won't ash be able to see that from looking at the roof. I've never had one but doesn't it show by melted or melting snow on most of the roof except near the edges? Whereas normally snow melts at the edges first and the bare roof show gradually spreading up the roof?