Water dripping from dehumidifier

There is water dripping from the base. It is not coming from the tank or the hose to the drain.
I replaced the last one when it kept freezing up.
But on this one there is no way to see the coils. Same problem, do you think?
It's 2 or 3 years old, and yeah I know these are basically consumables.
If it is not coming out the drain, did you think that maybe the drain was plugged with crud, spider webs, dead bugs, etc?
On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 1:07:39 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

Yeah, I didn't explain that well. The drip on the floor is from the base o f the dehumidifier. I've tried running it with the hose, or with just the internal tank, and it still drips from the same spot. I took the hose out, connected it to the garden hose, and ran a snake up it with water flowing so I know it is clear.
On 6/27/2016 1:55 PM, TimR wrote:

Is the unit level?
They are typically not that hard to pull apart. I'd guess a clogged drain, or the catch pan rusted through.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

If they get everyone to stop smoking, where will we get pipe cleaners?
Okay, a drip could be from a clog somewhere, I can check that.
Or it could be from a frozen coil, which means the unit is trash.
Any other ideas?
On 6/29/2016 11:08 AM, TimR wrote:

1) frozen coil not always fatal 2) rusted out drain pan
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 12:55:12 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I've always thought a frozen coil was beyond repair on a dehumidifier.
Let me think out loud: 3 reasons for a coil to freeze, right? Low charge, which means a leak, unfixable; Low air flow, not the case with these units. Bad TXV - do these even have one or are they cap tubes? Either way, not fixable.
I don't think there's any metal to rust on these, it's all plastic, but I'll look.
On 6/29/2016 1:00 PM, TimR wrote:

1) Low charge, which means a leak, unfixable; CY: Yes, some times a low charge will result in low evaporator temps.
Low air flow, not the case with these units. CY: Many dehum pass air over the evap, and then through the cond. Very often, dust clogs and reduces air flow.
Bad TXV - do these even have one or are they cap tubes? CY: Usually cap tubes.
Either way, not fixable. CY: Can also be low ambient temp in the cellar. Dirty coils can be cleaned. Also the unit may be in a confined space, and unable to "breathe". Though, this would lead to higher temps as the heat from the motor.

CY: Now days, likely no metal if at all possible.

Text inserted inline.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 4:07:37 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You're an old timey-guy, why don't you use "nowadays"? One less key stroke...no, we all know you're a stroker.
On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 17:07:28 -0400, Stormin Mormon

Nowadays, they're just made from hopes and dreams.

Is there condensation on the outside of the unit? If the humidity is hight, it could drip until it has run long enough to get the dew point down.
We're waiting for Tim R to tell us what he found.
On 7/4/2016 2:40 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

Didn't his cellar fill up last night, and he drowned?
--
.
Christopher A. Young