Water dripping at Central Air Vent in Winter

I have a Trane central air unit. I have it for the 3rd winter now.

Water is dripping down to one of the air vent (not return) and leaking to the floor. I have a HVAC technician took a look, but he said there is no water in the Central air unit, and maybe cause by condensation, however, I am not sure that's the case because even after we taped up the return, the water is still dripping...

Have anyone experience this problem and know how to resolve this problem?

Thanks.

Reply to
kylelai

Heat pump or gas / electric furnace?

Do you have a central humidifier?

Reply to
Travis Jordan

What room(s) is (are) the drip in?

Reply to
HeatMan

It is condensation and not that uncommon. Just most don't notice it. Block it off if it is a problem.

Reply to
PJx

Central air is on the attic (above 2nd floor), and kitchen is on the

1st floor, and the vent in the kitchen is the one that's dripping, all other vents are dry.

I taped up the return vent already but doesn't help... what else should I block off or what should I do?

Thanks, /Kyle

Reply to
kylelai

Lotsa humidity in the Kitchen?

Reply to
HeatMan

Assuming that you are not using the ducts during the winter you have to close ALL of them off. And the one in the kitchen should be filled with towels before you seal it off, to absorb the water so it doesn't drip.

Reply to
PJx

Right.

And when the forget them in the spring, they'll get no airflow and a soggy moldy/mildewy mess..

Ugh....

Reply to
HeatMan

Thank you all very much for your suggestion, I'll give a try with the towel.

Thank you.

Reply to
kylelai

Good luck. I don't really understand it myself. My house is so dry when my furnace is running that it dries out my sinuses and I wake up with a bloody nose, but I live in Houston. But dripping vents is a common problem and has appeared often here.

Reply to
PJx

you may have air leaking around the box the grill is in. You will need to remove the grill and seal were it penetrates the ceiling.

Reply to
bunn