water dispenser

Whirlpool refrigerator. Fridge, freezer, ice maker all work well, but water dispenser water isn't cold. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
RemiRemi

Whirlpool refrigerator. Fridge, freezer, ice maker all work well, but water dispenser water isn't cold. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
RemiRemi

Fill a jug and put it in the fridge.

Reply to
LSMFT

That's interesting. I bought a new Whirlpool fridge last year and it does the same ... water from the door is not cold. In my old Kitchen Aid there was a small tank in the fridge which fed the water spigot on the freezer door. It did work, but you had to run a bit of water to clear some of the warmer water in the line between the tank and the spigot. Tomorrow, I have Whirlpool service coming to fix another problem where ice builds up and clogs the ice dispenser. You then have to remove the ice storage bin, dropping ice all over the kitchen, and then chisel out a fist size piece of ice that built up in the chute. I'll bet they can't fix this. But I will ask about the warm water.

Reply to
Art Todesco

Art Todesco wrote in news:i015e0$28u$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

Thanks. My old Frigidaire had your problem with the ice-maker (and it was incredibly noisy), but my Whirlpool is great, except for the room temperature water. I look forward to your post after you speak with your repairman.

Reply to
RemiRemi

Ok, the authorized service guy was here today. I asked about the 'warm' water. I told him that my previous house Kitchen Aid (made in the WP factory) had a tank in the fridge section to cool the water. He said that the tank had a problem where it would fill from one spot and empty from another. After time, deposits from the water (organic and minerals) would build up in the bottom of the tank. The new method used a coil in the fridge where the water passes with no settling spot. He did say that it didn't have the capacity of the older tank. Also, he said that the fill line passes right by the compressor and condenser coil, which are hot. All in all, he said it will never be real cold. He said you have to draw off a cup or so to get the coldest water possible. I guess this all means, as someone suggested, use a pitcher in the fridge.

Reply to
Art Todesco