Water Damages

i have kids in my home and they pour some water on carpet its an expensive carpet so i cannot take risk by restoring it with anyone with little experience so plz let me know if anyone of you know the experienced one
Thanks
On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 13:18:03 -0600, MICHAEL <rahulrv55> wrote:

change the locks.
I'm curious, did they flood the place you forgot how to open a few windows and run a fan? WTF kind of carpet can't tolerate water? Do you now have mold growing in it? How much water was involved?
On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 13:28:23 -0600, AZ Nomad

    This time of year in the heating season, It is was just water, I would just turn a fan on it and let it dry out. No carpet really likes much water, but it all can handle some as long as it does not stay wet too long.
On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 20:10:16 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Did OP blot up as much as possible with terry towels? Always using dry towels when the first ones are soaked.
That helps the drying process along.

The OP never mentioned if the water was from a spilled 8oz glass of water, a leaking roof, a broken water line, or an exploded waterbed.

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 13:18:03 -0600, MICHAEL <rahulrv55[at]gmail[dot]com> wrote:>i have kids in my home and they pour some water on carpet its an expensive

What exactly is "some?" Is the carpet soaked? Nylon or wool or troll?
On Jan 27, 2:18pm, MICHAEL <rahulrv55[at]gmail[dot]com> wrote:

Years ago a carpet cleaneer told me about OxyClean. Whenever someone spills someting on the carpet I pour on about as much solution as was spilled then wet vac it up. This cleans stains and prevents mold. I also spray down the carpet just before having it cleaned the cleaners are always amazed at what a good job they did.
Jimmie
On Jan 27, 1:18pm, MICHAEL <rahulrv55[at]gmail[dot]com> wrote:

Peed on it, dont let em drink beer in the house.
MICHAEL wrote:

Hi, How much water is some water? Wool carpet? Nylon carpet? Can't use wet vacuum? Can;t dry it out? Do I smell troll?