Water damage?

I have some substance leaking out from around the tile surrounding my bath tub. It's kind of yellowish and more solid than liquid. I have a tile cleaning company come out and the guy thinks it's water damage. How would I know for sure?

Reply to
PeterL

The guy could be right, but I would trust more the opinion of a plumber. Is that a smokers' house? Is that yellowish stuff seeping through he tiles ? Do you have access to the tub drain? That's where I would start.

Also, you could try pouring some dye and water in each drain, bath tub and toilette, one at a time and then wait, say, a couple of hours to see if the color shows up around the tiles. Of course don't use yellow dye...

I wouldn't wait too long though. If the leakage gets bigger you can face some serious and expensive damage.

Reply to
Chris

The yellowish stuff is along the edge between the tile and the bath tub. thing is we never use the tub, only a separate shower. It's not liquid at all, but rather like a hard deposit.

Reply to
PeterL

What happens after you clean it up, does it show up again? How soon?

Reply to
Chris