Water coming in between the floor and icf walls

We have a house that is half 40+ years old the the newer half was built in

99, when they did that they moved the sump pit to the other side of the house and to the new part. The old part of the basement stays dry but we have water soming in between the floor and the ICF walls. Will it help to dig a 2nd sump pit on the side of the basement where the water comes in?

------------------------------------- Terrie

Reply to
tmmcleod_1999

I am assuming that you are correctly diagnosing they fact that the water is rising from below the slab and not coming through the wall.

If you have the proper gravel base under the new floor, adding another sump might allow the water to travel through the gravel to the sump instead of rising at the joint.

And added step you can take is to channel any water that does rise to the new sump which should be located at the lowest point of the floor.

As a DIY project you are only risking a couple of hundred dollars.

Reply to
Colbyt

What is an ICF wall??????

Reply to
hrhofmann

You won't know unless you do it. Odds are in your favor. Do some thinking about the terrain and drainage and locate the sump pit closest to where you suspect the source might be, like the uphill side of the house if the lot is bit unlevel. Do whatever is needed to correct downspouts and grading, too.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

I had to look it up myself. Insulated concrete form. Think insulated concrete blocks that are then filled with concrete and that will be close enough.

Reply to
Colbyt