Water comes through cement in garage

when it rains hard water seems to come up through cement floor in garage, but no problem in basement..Is there some way cheap way to fix this problem? and what is best way to fix?
snipped-for-privacy@lamebrain.com wrote:

Are there cracks or drains in the floor? How close to grade? Downspouts empty close to slab or uphill from slab?

Cheap to fix. Dig a trench around the gorge, maybe the house and drain the water away.
Unless we know where the water is coming from, we can't suggest a fix. Could be bad drainage and you just have to re-grade, maybe add or divert downspouts. Could be simple, could be difficult.
snipped-for-privacy@lamebrain.com wrote:

assuming you haven't painted or sealed the cement, there are products that are 'internal' concrete sealers. - they soak in and plug up the pore spaces. see www.epoxyproducts.com/vee4u.html --- paul
snipped-for-privacy@lamebrain.com wrote:

Landscape around the garage to let the water drain AWAY from the building.
--
Claude Hopper :)

? ?