Water Based Sealer and Oil based Poly?

Hi, I am about to get my hardwood floors refinished. The guy who is going to refinish them is going to use a water based sealer and an oil based poly. No stain.
Is this ok?
Also how many coats of poly should I get, 2 or 3?
I am in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Thanks
You're fine with water based sealer and oil based polyeurothane. As far as the coats of polyeurothane goes use this rule. The more the better. It is better to go with say four thin coats than one or two thick coats of polyeurothane. I would go with four thin coats or three. If you put on a thick coat it tends to be less durable.
candice