Water alarm that also shuts off well pump?

Does anyone know of a water alarm that can be rigged so that when tripped, will shut off a 240VAC well pump?

It would be nice to have one installed in the basement, so that in the event of a pipe burst, the pump would be off limiting that amount of water that could get out...

Tman.

Reply to
Tman

Any electrician can install some type of relay that would connect to the well alarm circuit and do what you want. There are a variety of relay types that could be used to do this, but my preference would be one with a double pole normally closed circuit, where energizing the relay would kill the power to the pump

Reply to
RBM

This company makes some really nice water alarms. Some models come with low voltage relay contacts that can be used to trigger other things.

I think McMaster-Carr sells them.

Reply to
John Grabowski

I don't know of any off the shelf, but I'm sure you can wire on up to a relay to do that

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

My suggestion use a latching relay (google search this term). This type of relay only needs to be pulsed and will hold its last setting. Use the water alarm to open relay and a push button switch to close it. This way it should be immune to power failures.

Reply to
Jeff