Waste heat reclamation

Page 2 of 2
On 1/1/2014 11:53 PM, Snag wrote:

I shower with the bath tub drain closed. I open the drain after the water is good and cold. So, the BTU stay in my home.
Helps cut down on the two gal or so of water I put in my floor model humidifier.
My Mom's house is desperate dry, in the winter. I'd like to get her a humidifier, but that's a whole different project.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Snag wrote:

The heat helps perk up your septic system to keep it working properly in the winter. If you want to save energy, setup a pre-heater to heat the water with your wood stove before it goes to the electric WH.