Wasp spray that works

Page 1 of 3

Last night, went to check out some wasps at the church. Some how, they got into the primary room. One of the boys had been stung, indoors. Not good. Find a 1/4 inch or so hole, where the vinyl under the eaves meets the wood that's on the side of the masonry building. Plenty of wasps coming and going.
This appears to be the new style of wasps, they burrow in. The older model of wasps nest on the surface.
Got out my can of Ultra Kill ($3.49 from Lowe's) and give the building a good squirt. The last cans I had (Real Kill, from Home Depot, bought them on close out) the wasps would drop out of the air. This Ultra Kill stuff was useless, the wasps hardly seemed to notice.
Time for me to go to the farm and garden store, and see what they have. What brand of spray works for you? And what store sells the good stuff? I'd like stuff that drops wasps out of the air, kills the nest, and they don't come back.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I use Ortho (Basic Solutions) wasp and hornet spray. Long distance stream. Have to get it out each time I wash windows because wasps like to build at the top of the window and behind our hurricane shutters (accordion style). It never fails me. Wasps seem to like to build nests anwhere they are sheltered from elements.
So, Ortho works? I'll look for it. Thank you.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I don't know how many flavors Ortho has; reason for including the "Basic Solutions" logo. Good luck :o)
Friday Sept 18, 2009 I went back and looked at the bug bag. Didn't see any bugs, having been caught. Gave the side of the building a couple good dose of the bug spray from the farm and garden. Can't say it did much about the wasps.
Maybe they are some new killer type that is resistant to everything?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I like the black can Home Depot stuff, myself.
Steve
Thanks Zoot, thanks Steve. I'll look for the black can stuff at Home Cheepo.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

It will only help them breathe better.
I'm not sure, but they may be some seriously stoned off their asses wasps, now. I didn't really look very closely at the nest entrance. Might be fewer wasps. But no kids got stung, today.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Spectracide Pro Hornet and Wasp Killer - found at 'Depot. Works well, near instant drops, and high dielectric rating so it doesn't short out electrical stuff.

Ditto...Just make sure you get the spray and NOT the foam...I tried the foam and it SUCKED....JMHO...
Stormin Mormon wrote:

gasoline drops wasps on contact. no ifs, ands, or buts.
On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 10:32:22 -0500, Steve Barker

cleaner. They drop from the sky when hit with it.
It doesnt shoot a stream 20 ft though, so I usually end up running like hell.
I'd forgotten about that. I'd have to get up on a ladder, and use the red extension tube. But, it's a great idea.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus