Washing Machine with Automatic Program Selection

Siemens has developed a washing machine that automatically selects the right program for every type of laundry, a feature that reduces water consumption. The appliance - "automaticWascher" - is equipped with smart sensors that recognize how much laundry is in the drum, what kind of textiles the laundry load comprises, and if it is heavily or lightly soiled. Users only have to choose one of two program settings: hot and colored wash, or easy-to-clean fabrics. The machine takes care of the rest.

Read Full detail at

technology_post

Does it have a manual mode as well - if not, I wish you luck after the first sensor fails and a replacemtn is 1/2 cost of new machine. Not to mention a special programming unit to reset the system :-)

RichK

Reply to
RichK

in most cases the added cost of the machine will be so much you will never recover the added cost in water etc.....

most of these are just marketing ploys to make more money

Reply to
hallerb

You may save money if you get rid of your Mexican maid and hire a monkey. That's ultimate low cost labor :-)

RichK

Reply to
RichK

Yeah, and water is so expensive.... NOT. I'd rather have a full tub of water and clean clothes.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

I find this example, of fully automated wash machine, as misapplied and misplaced technology.

The amount of water saved is nill and it encourages running small cycles, which in themselves are very wasteful of water and energy.

Additionally, electronics and sensors, plus rapair trips waste more money and cause more pollution.

All around looser - in my mind.

RichK

Reply to
RichK