Washing Machine Water Temperatures

Hello:
Have a Maytax front loader washing machine that was purchased in 2001. Not sure if anything has changed regarding the following question since then or not.
Can anyone please tell me how the water temperatures are derived.
e.g., for "warm," is there an actual thermostat, or are the inlet cold and hot streams merely timed for a predermined on period ?
Or,... ?
Thanks, Bob

Can't say for your specific model, but my old Maytags, and present Amana hot is 100% hot water, warm is opening both valves for a 50 -50 mix, cold is all cold.
Hi,

Model#?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.
This varies depending on the specific model. I have a Sears that actually senses the temperature and adjusts the flow. You can hear it turning the hot water on and off as it's filling and adjusting. All my previous ones just used cold, half/half, hot.

Mine does both, depending on where you set it. However, I am always baffled at how the 'automatic' Cold/Cold setting can be doing any hot and cold water mixing, but it does!?!
--
Thank you,

dnoyeB wrote:

It mixes when set to cold because there is an expected temp range for cold water. You want the water cold enough to protect the clothes, but warm enough to wash well. My incoming water can be 45 in winter, so I guess the desired temp for cold is above that.
BTW, mine also has a setting for either auto temp or regular.