Washing Machine Water Feed Sensors

Somewhere I saw a device that you can add to the water hoses on your washing machine such that if a hose breaks, the water shuts off. Does anyone know where to find such an animal?

They are made bay Watts and are called Floodsafe.
See link http://www.watts.com/pro/whatsnew/whatsnew_floodsafe.asp
Roanin

The only downside to these are slightly longer fill times and the potential for "false" activations but considering the "insurance" they provide probably worth it.
I've had two neighbors in the last year have their houses flooded by broken under sink supply lines....makes me nervous even though all mine are only ~3 years old.
I'm seriously considering switching over to them.

There are also electrically controlled valve settups which only turn on the water when they detect current flow indicating that the washing machine is running.

I've always just turned off the valves when I'm not using the washer. Keeps the valves free and the only possible way I could flood the basement (well, from the washing machine anyway) is if the hoses break or the machine overfills while it's actually in use.
I've seen dual ball valve setups with a single handle for use with washing machines. If I ever get around to repiping my basement I'll probably use one, it's quicker to throw one handle than to spin two stop valves.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel