Washing Machine "walks" several feet

Page 1 of 3

I have a 4 year old Maytag washer which has recently begun "walking" around during the spin cycle. It moves several feet from its original position.
The washer is carefully levelled and the feet are making solid contact with the concrete floor. The levelling from side to side and from front to back has been checked multiple times and appears essentially perfect.
The size of the load and the distribution of the load does not seem to make much difference, if any.
This has just recently begun, and the prior levelling seemed to keep the machine from "walking" for the last 4 years, even with several loads per week of use.
Are there vibration dampers or other parts which wear out? Are there other things which can be adjusted "do it yourself"?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice.

Over time, concrete can settle. Did you check the floor for level? You might try putting small rubber pads between the washer feet and concrete.
Hank
I'm sure there are parts that wear out. Off the edge of my remembery, some units use fiber spacers to hold up the wash drum, or mabye big springs. In any case, sounds like time to call a washing machine repair tech before something goes worse.
Also google Appliance Repair Clinic, that web site is aparently very helpful.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Do the botom of the rubber feet have rubber left or is metal touching the floor. A guess, move the drum back , front, right, left ,maybe a spring holding the basket in the center came loose or something, im just guessing.
When I was first married and money was scarce I had the same problem. Cut a pair of gym shoes in half, toes in the front, heels in the rear. Also gave it a novel appearance.
wrote:

Do the botom of the rubber feet have rubber left or is metal touching the floor. A guess, move the drum back , front, right, left ,maybe a spring holding the basket in the center came loose or something, im just guessing.
Jeff D. wrote:

Thanks to all for replying. The concrete floor is flat and level, and the feet are still rubber-tipped with soft, pliable rubber. The machine has only been installed for maybe 4 years at the most.
I have gotten the impression that the washing machine itself has developed a fault. It maybe is a bad spring supporting the drum, a bad bearing of some type, some missing or worn damper for controlling vibration, or something of that type. The external feet, level, and floor are all 100% fine.

When I was first married, my new wife would sit on top, and we'd get buck nekkid and overload it on purpose....................
If that don't work, the front two feet should be automatic. Tilt it back and lift the front 6 ". When it comes back down, it should be self leveled.
Steve

Yea in the early years it's kitchen sex, laundry sex, dining room sex, etc. In later years it's hall sex. That's were the couple stand at opposite ends of the hall yelling F.Y to each other.

Try scripture study and having family home evenings.
Incidentally, you don't yell that kind of thing "to" each other, you yell "at" each other.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Must be a "take everything serious" day over there.

He's mad the United States Patent and Trademark Office won't allow him and his ilk to register "Mormon" as a trademark.
"Hey, it's in the scriptures, the revised 2009 ones too!", say's the Latter Day Lawyer.
And what's with these "Scientologist's", copy-writing all their "holy" texts?
Me-think these are businesses, not churches. Why do "churches" of any sort get to be tax-exempt?
Why does God need money?
Me-think relegion has ruined people's perception of "God", and has caused nothing but violence and strife here on Earth. It always has.
I don't need your church to have a relationship with God. Do I?

You don't need MY church, HIS church, THEIR church, or any church to have a relationship with God, my friend.
That is the simple beauty of the whole thing.
Steve
Steve B wrote:

That has been my experience.
Well, some do, I'm sure.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I know.
It's something so simple, yet man has used: "In the name of <insert deity of choice>" to control their "flock" for eons. What always ends up happening is more murder and mayhem in the name of their -leader's- "God of the day". It's a control thing.
Why there are so many who follow their religious leaders and act on them (for example, Pat Robertson telling his followers who to vote for), instead of *listening* to God with their own heart is beyond my comprehension.
It's like the capacity to think for themselves (a God-given gift) is being tossed out the window. For what? Are most people really that easily controlled? (That's a rhetorical question, I know that most ARE). <shakes head>
I know this is way OT for this group. But I get annoyed at people who wear their faith and beliefs on their sleeve, and suggest that "scripture study" is going to solve everyone's marital problems. If I ask the Stormin Mormon exactly which scripture to study, I'll bet you a nickel it will be a LDS belief. And if they are right, that makes the other 99.8% of the world's population wrong. I can't get on board with something so silly.
Apologies to the person who asked about the washing machine. This has drifted. A lot.
The goal with church, is that people distil together their succes, and help each other in the walk towards God. Like washing machine posts on Usenet, sometimes churches wander.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
G. Morgan wrote:

As I submitted the original post on this thread asking for help regarding my washing machine, I would like to thank those of you who provided helpful replies.
To Stormin Mormon, who takes a useful forum and transforms it into his own personal platform for spewing religious material, I can only say that hijacking these forum threads with your own personal agenda is a selfish, very inconsiderate act. Your posts are a disgrace to whatever religion you claim to represent.
The washing machine in question needed a replacement spring to restore balance to the tub suspension. The suggestion was thankfully provided on another forum where the inquiry was not re-directed by nonsense.
Glad you got your washing machine fixed.
I'm saddened to hear that you're offended by my mention of relgion. I presume you're equally offended by others who mention religion.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Smarty wrote:

Stormin Mormon had been hanging around here for years. I've seen him reply to threads asking a religous question, but never has he hijacked a thread for his purposes. Your resposne servers your purpose, just as you accused SM of doing.

Perhaps you should go there in the future with your questions.