Washing Machine "walks" several feet

I have a 4 year old Maytag washer which has recently begun "walking" around during the spin cycle. It moves several feet from its original position.

The washer is carefully levelled and the feet are making solid contact with the concrete floor. The levelling from side to side and from front to back has been checked multiple times and appears essentially perfect.

The size of the load and the distribution of the load does not seem to make much difference, if any.

This has just recently begun, and the prior levelling seemed to keep the machine from "walking" for the last 4 years, even with several loads per week of use.

Are there vibration dampers or other parts which wear out? Are there other things which can be adjusted "do it yourself"?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice.

Reply to
Smarty

Over time, concrete can settle. Did you check the floor for level? You might try putting small rubber pads between the washer feet and concrete.

Hank

Reply to
Hustlin' Hank

I'm sure there are parts that wear out. Off the edge of my remembery, some units use fiber spacers to hold up the wash drum, or mabye big springs. In any case, sounds like time to call a washing machine repair tech before something goes worse.

Also google Appliance Repair Clinic, that web site is aparently very helpful.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Do the botom of the rubber feet have rubber left or is metal touching the floor. A guess, move the drum back , front, right, left ,maybe a spring holding the basket in the center came loose or something, im just guessing.

Reply to
ransley

Thanks to all for replying. The concrete floor is flat and level, and the feet are still rubber-tipped with soft, pliable rubber. The machine has only been installed for maybe 4 years at the most.

I have gotten the impression that the washing machine itself has developed a fault. It maybe is a bad spring supporting the drum, a bad bearing of some type, some missing or worn damper for controlling vibration, or something of that type. The external feet, level, and floor are all 100% fine.

Reply to
Smarty

When I was first married and money was scarce I had the same problem. Cut a pair of gym shoes in half, toes in the front, heels in the rear. Also gave it a novel appearance.

Do the botom of the rubber feet have rubber left or is metal touching the floor. A guess, move the drum back , front, right, left ,maybe a spring holding the basket in the center came loose or something, im just guessing.

Reply to
Jeff D.

"Steve B" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.infowest.com:

Yea in the early years it's kitchen sex, laundry sex, dining room sex, etc. In later years it's hall sex. That's were the couple stand at opposite ends of the hall yelling F.Y to each other.

Reply to
Red Green

When I was first married, my new wife would sit on top, and we'd get buck nekkid and overload it on purpose....................

If that don't work, the front two feet should be automatic. Tilt it back and lift the front 6 ". When it comes back down, it should be self leveled.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Try scripture study and having family home evenings.

Incidentally, you don't yell that kind of thing "to" each other, you yell "at" each other.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:hgjc7q $vh2$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Must be a "take everything serious" day over there.

Reply to
Red Green

Might try smaller loads or fix the feet to a slab of concrete.

Reply to
Phisherman

Usually I go over to Lowes and get a couple Mexicans to hold it in place.

Bob Morein (215) 646-4894

Reply to
Soundhaspriority

He's mad the United States Patent and Trademark Office won't allow him and his ilk to register "Mormon" as a trademark.

"Hey, it's in the scriptures, the revised 2009 ones too!", say's the Latter Day Lawyer.

And what's with these "Scientologist's", copy-writing all their "holy" texts?

Me-think these are businesses, not churches. Why do "churches" of any sort get to be tax-exempt?

Why does God need money?

Me-think relegion has ruined people's perception of "God", and has caused nothing but violence and strife here on Earth. It always has.

I don't need your church to have a relationship with God. Do I?

Reply to
G. Morgan

We have serious days every 27.0754 days, depending on the phase of the moon, and if Jupiter is in the south east quadrant.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Is the washing machine still there, at the end of the "steal" cycle?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

OP! Check for bent feet on the machine. They can walk on a crooked leg, easily.

Oren

Compared with sex, that sounds REALLY boring.

Reply to
cjt

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:hgjrmj $876$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Oh I see. Translated, that means it's your time of the month.

Reply to
Red Green

Aren't most of the Mormons home HAVING family sex evenings?

Bob Morein (215) 646-4894

Reply to
Soundhaspriority

In fact, churches have generally proven detrimental to such relationships.

Reply to
cjt