Washing machine timer and timer motor question.

Please refer to the following document for this question.

Washing machine cycles not finishing, timer/dial not moving. Looking at the diagram....Part number 19 is a timer. Part number 18 which is not pictured is a time motor. Do I need the timer or timer motor? Is there any way to test which one I need?

Reply to
Fred

In a previous lifetime, I used to work for Sears parts. I seem to recall that although the timer and motor were listed separately, for most models you could only buy the assemby that contains both. You might try actually putting both numbers in your web basket and see what happens at checkout.

-- "Tell me what I should do, Annie." "Stay. Here. Forever."

Reply to
Rick Blaine

Don't forget that it might be neither. Do you get 110volts at the motor? When the knob is pulled out?

Don't fall into the trap of thinking only in terms of components, and not about the wires and conectors that go between them.

One thing you can do perhaps, is remove the motor and run it outside the machine, making sure any on/off switch is on. If it doesn''t turn you need a motor. I assume you have to take out the motor and timer to get to the timer. It's probably easier to take out just the motor, or if not, no harder to take out one or both.

I made an AC cord with rubber-covered alligator clips on the ends of both wires. Helpful for things like this. But unplug the washer so you don't have it connected in two ways at once.

Reply to
mm

In most cases, the motor goes before anything else. Take the motor out, connect it to a power source, and see if it turns. If no, buy a new motor. It should turn slow, some of these are only two RPM. The motor is listed at $61, the timer assembly at $92. . You can find out what is offered at

Specifically

Edwin Pawlowski