Washing machine - sud city! Why won't the soap suds drain???

Just got a new machine (Sears Kenmore) at a house I just bought, but even a minimal amount of soap won't seem to drain. The pipe going to the septic system is a little high (about 6 1/2 feet from the floor) - could that be the problem?

Appreciate any thoughts...

-Dave

Reply to
waywardguy

Can you be a bit more specific? What do you mean the soap won't drain? the soap is mixed with the water. Then you drain the water. Do you mean the soapy water won't drain? Of the water drains and leaves suds behind?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Sorry. Yes, the water drains, but soapy clothes and the inside of the machine (sides) still has suds. On this particular load, I washed very few things and used very little detergent (liquid)... So, I don't believe it was "overstuffed" with clothes, nor do I believe I used too much detergent...

Any thoughts? Thx,

Reply to
waywardguy

Does the wash basket completely drain of water before it starts the spin cycle? If not, that's what's causing all the suds. I've seen this design flaw in many washers.

Reply to
Rick

do you have one of those E models that uses less soap? they also use soap that has less suds. if you're using the wrong soap, bingo. ....thehick

Reply to
frank-in-toronto

Is your water very soft? If so, cut the soap down even more. Are you using a low sudings detergent? Some are better than others in that respect. You are using laundry detergent, not dishwashing right?

I don' thave proof of this, bus supposedly the detergent makers use different formula for regions of harder water than thosw ieht naturally soft water. If you have a hard water formula and have a softener, that would make lots of suds. I hardly see any during the wash cyle in our machine.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hi, Sounds like another case of RTFM, LOL. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I'd cut the pipe down to less than the height of the washer if its feasible. The pump may not drive all the soapy water 6+feet uphill, Allowing it to run back down back into the machine once the pumping action stops. Then try half the soap indicated on the measuring cup device

Reply to
Rudy