Washing Machine Standpipe Height ?

Just had a plumber install a flush mounted supply/drain box in the wall between studs. He said the 28 inch height of the top of the standpipe would not be a problem re siphoning. Now, before sheetrocking, I looked at my Kenmore manual and it said Minimum height for top of standpipe should be 39 inches! This worries me. As a test, I filled the washer tub to "large load" level, but no siphoning occurred. Should I have the box raised the 11 inches anyway, just for safety, or should I buy Kenmore's siphon-breaker attachment for floor drains , and leave the plumber alone? Thanks!

Reply to
Roger

i checked my washer, house built in 1972 new house.. never had a problem with mine, went through 2 kenmore machines during the years and its like 28-29 inches off the floor level...................... i think if the pipe i have was raised 11 inches then the pipe would be seen from behind the machine.. all machines we had over the past 40 yrs. in various houses had the pipe lower than the top of the machine...... i think it was to keep it out of sight for appearances..... i would go with the plumber.......

Reply to
jim