washing machine spin-cycle backpressure

Hi -
I have a Maytag top-load washer, probably 7-8 years old. A few times over the past couple years I've seen the spin-cycle exhaust hose leak (feeds into the cast-iron sewage line with some sort of pressure-fit/hose clamp) where it attaches to the sewage line. It does this during the spin cycle. The couple times I've seen this not a whole lot of water leaked out (maybe a cup or two; much less water than the wash cycle used). The biggest loads I ever wash are two queen-size bedsheets, a couple pillow cases and a couple towels.
Tonight a substantial amount of water was forced out at this junction - maybe the entire amount used in the wash cycle. And some of the items I took out of the machine when it was finished were still very wet (I've seen this happen even less than water leaking).
The exhaust/sewage juntion seems to be no more than a press-fit so I'm guessing more pressure than normal is being applied to it, forcing water onto the floor. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it? Is it more likely some blockage in the sewage line or something in the machine?
Mike
--

net [one dot] verizon [cymbal] ballard [no spaces] mike [reverse the whole thing]

Mike Ballard wrote:

Almost certain to be a sewage line blockage.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Mike Ballard wrote:

Hi,
Certainly -sounds- like a restricted house drain and not the washer. If the house drain cannot allow the flow of water out of the washer fast enough the water will burp out of the pipe and leak. jeff. Appliance Repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com /