washing machine recommendation

Can Any one recommend a good brand/model of washing machine.
Not a front loader. Not to many bells and whistles just a heavy duty long lasting large capacity is what Im looking for.
whats better mechanical switch or electrical?
What about sears washers?
or kenmore maytag GE or any other brand comments
thanks.

Hi,
Some consumer opinions.... http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Large_Appliances-All-Washing_Machines
Mid line models with -mechanical- controls are best....JMO!!
Whirlpool & Maytag are 2 of the better manufactures.
Maytag Washer - LAT3600A is like the older style Maytag washers.....the PAV/MAV/SAV models are not like the older Maytag!
I have a maytag set (washer, dryer) that is now 20 years old. They have gone thru two teenagers. Just some minor problems with each.
Can Any one recommend a good brand/model of washing machine.
Not a front loader. Not to many bells and whistles just a heavy duty long lasting large capacity is what Im looking for.
whats better mechanical switch or electrical?
What about sears washers?
or kenmore maytag GE or any other brand comments
thanks.
Sears Kenmore major appliances are mostly GE or Whirlpools. I am not sure how to tell which is which . I think the " Estate " brand at Sams and Costco ius Whirlpool. Get the Whirlpool made models .

This is Turtle.
Whirlpool , Then you can look at lesser stuff.
TURTLE

I bought a set of Maytags, because my parents' Maytag washer and dryer, purchased in the 1970's (and avocado green to boot) are still going. That was what convinced me.

http://www.fisher-paykel.com
BB
Sears always used to be Whirlpool for what it's worth.