Washing machine question

I have a fairly recent (less than 2 yrs old) model GE washer. This morning while preparing to load the washer I shook the agitator and heard water splash. Is it normal for a certain amount of water to remain in the washer between uses?
Thanks.
John
Redlocks wrote:

Yes
Redlocks wrote:

remain
Hi,
What you heard may not be water. There is a balance ring built into the inner basket that is filled with a liquid. This ring helps when a load goes off balanced. You will hear sloshing from the balance ring when you move the baskets around.
Redlocks wrote:

I don't believe it is unusual.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia\'s Muire duit
A little water is completely normal. You should not be able to see any of this water in the washer though.

Thanks to everyone.
I'm glad to know that I have one less thing to worry about.
John