Washing machine out of balance

Wife washed a large comforter in the washing machine. Now every load is out of balance during the spin cycle. I looked under it and I don't see the old concrete block that I use to see on older washing machines. I was thinking that it broke loose. I do see springs holding the tube going it different directions but I don't see any that are broken.

What could it be?

Reply to
Fred

Any one of a dozen or more things. The transistors are burned out on my crystal ball and I'm too lazy to replace them. You know you can keep asking this question and get very little response; or you could at least tell us what make and model of washer it is so that someone at least has a starting place for advice.

Reply to
Grandpa

kenmore - top loading not sure of the model number took one glance could not find it will look again

Reply to
Fred

kenmore - top loading not sure of the model number took one glance could not find it will look again

Reply to
Fred

Pop the top and see what's loose.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Yep, if you're sure its level and still out of balance, then you'll have to open it up. Could be a suspension spring is slipped out of place or one of the balance pads has shifted or come out. Parts and diagrams can be found here:

will even help you find the model number. ;-)

Reply to
Grandpa

You know, I could get the top off.

I looked under the lid from the inside and it is screwed with a sheet metal screw.

Reply to
Fred

kenmore

22722100 correction couldn't get the top off
Reply to
Fred

Well, if you can't get the top off, you won't be able to troubleshoot or fix it. Most top loader tops are held together with spring catches in the front and slide bars in the back so that it can be tilted up for inspection. The screws are to hold the control panel to the top. A putty knife slid into the front should pop the top free, it is a very strong spring catch. Look for something like this:

Is the tub itself very easy to move side to side, does it stay to one side or the other? If so, there are springs that are either broken or disconnected.

Reply to
Grandpa