Washing machine out of balance

Wife washed a large comforter in the washing machine. Now every load is out of balance during the spin cycle. I looked under it and I don't see the old concrete block that I use to see on older washing machines. I was thinking that it broke loose. I do see springs holding the tube going it different directions but I don't see any that are broken.
What could it be?
Fred wrote:

my crystal ball and I'm too lazy to replace them. You know you can keep asking this question and get very little response; or you could at least tell us what make and model of washer it is so that someone at least has a starting place for advice.
--
Grandpa

kenmore - top loading not sure of the model number took one glance could not find it will look again

kenmore - top loading not sure of the model number took one glance could not find it will look again

Pop the top and see what's loose.
#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
Meat Plow wrote:

Yep, if you're sure its level and still out of balance, then you'll have to open it up. Could be a suspension spring is slipped out of place or one of the balance pads has shifted or come out. Parts and diagrams can be found here: http://www.repairclinic.com/0001.asp They will even help you find the model number. ;-)
--
Grandpa

kenmore 22722100 correction couldn't get the top off
Fred wrote:

troubleshoot or fix it. Most top loader tops are held together with spring catches in the front and slide bars in the back so that it can be tilted up for inspection. The screws are to hold the control panel to the top. A putty knife slid into the front should pop the top free, it is a very strong spring catch. Look for something like this: http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp?RccPartIDf9300
Is the tub itself very easy to move side to side, does it stay to one side or the other? If so, there are springs that are either broken or disconnected.
--
Grandpa

You know, I could get the top off.
I looked under the lid from the inside and it is screwed with a sheet metal screw.