Washing Machine not agitating

Hi Folks, My washing machine is not agitating. What can I check for before sending in a repairman ? There doesn't appear to be anything wrapped around the agitator.

Thanks Dick

Reply to
Platebanger

Remove the agitator, see if the cogs are stripped. It happened to the old one I had, the parts were cheap (10 bucks or so).

Reply to
cas

Hi,

Washer make, model#, approx age ?

Washer is running but not agitating...sitting there dead instead of agitating?

Too little info :(

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Mine does the same thing if I leave the lid up. Maybe something with the safety switch for the lid?

Reply to
Charles