Washing Machine No spin?

I have a washing machine which doesn't spin. I don't have an instruction manual and don't know what I can check before having to get in a professional. Any one got some advice to get me started?
SIEMENS WM21050GB/15 FD7611
--
MSpan

MSpan wrote:

Check the door lid switch. Maybe it's not closing good. Try to stick a screwdriver in the switch.

Oh yeah, that too. I found a clothes washer once with a bad switch like that. It also had clogged input water screens, and the top needed painting. Not a big deal and ran fine afterwards.
I fixed things and had it for 5 years, until the main bearing on the agitator rusted shut, probably because I didn't use it often enough. Whirlpool gave me detailed insturctions when they had a "cool line", but at one point, it just wouldn't come apart. The bearing had rusted to both the inner shaft and the outer tube. A few months later I found another clothes washer on the street and I had that for several years until I bought a house with a clothes washer.

Yesterday, for the first time, mine didn't spin. I came downstairs to find it making a whirring noise (the belt going over the pulley?). I start it with my hands and it finished the load fine.
I suppose I'm going to need a new belt soon. Mine is 27 years old.
try this link- this forum has info on all appliances, how to repair them, e6tc
http://applianceguru.com / Samuari Appliance Repair