Washing Machine Motors

Page 2 of 2
On Nov 25, 7:21pm, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Thanks. That's how I figured it worked. I have a wiring diagram on the indside of the top of the control panel but it's no longer readable :-(

I cleaned the centrifugal mechanism and i cleaned the inside of the switch housing with some mild solvent (I really miss TV tuner cleaner) and now it will work on the fast agitage cycle but does nothing at all on the gentle cycle. It also starts to spin while pumping out the water while the tub is still full. This is indicating a high possiblility of a bad switch but the motor is a bit noisy while running which I think might be attributable to bad connections in the switch as the motor runs smoothly if I just connect the white and orange wires to 120VAC and hold the switch down.
At least I'm making some progress.