Washing Machine Leak at Washer

I have an Equator washer/dryer that has a leak. There is a water level switch on the back of the drum that was sealed with a grommet type of washer. The switch was pulled out (long story) but now that I have replaced it, it leaks.

Is there some sort of sealant that needs to be placed on the washer to get it to seal. Should it seal by itself? Or is it possible that the washer been damaged to the point where it won't seal and I just need a new washer.

I am suspicious that there is a sealant that is used with a switch and gromment t ype washer like this but I don't know what the sealant would be.

Any info appreciated.

Reply to
Mike Ford