Washing Machine imbalance

On the spin cycle a horrible "thumping" It's a Whirlpool. re-arranging the clothes about doesn't help.
--
Impeach Bush ! a noble cause
Operation Iraqi Liberation = O.I.L.

I can tell you how to fix that-- but after reading your sig, I decided that you can just listen to it.
Patrick
Maybe your over loading the machine?
Tom

Most of the time it's a floor problem. Make sure the front legs are screwed all the way up and locked. If there is a dryer next to the washer you may notice that it shakes too. If it does it is most likely a 'soft' floor.

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 09:42:07 -0800, A Veteran for Peace

On our Sears Kenmore I found another possibility which has some of the same characteristics as either a load imbalance or leveling problem. After taking the back off to investigate I noticed that there was a large spring laying on the floor beneath the washer motor. After staring at the innards for a long time I figured out that the spring was attached to the bottom edge of the back frame and to the drive unit. The hole in the frame had broken out and released the spring. Apparently, this spring must help keep tension on the drum and drive system to maintain the balance. Might have to do with torgue..I don't know??? At any rate, my solution was to drill another hole in the frame near the original hole and reinstall the spring. That fixed the problem. This was about a year ago.
Gary Dyrkacz snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+ http://home.comcast.net/~dyrgcmn /