WASHING MACHINE: Easiest to Work on?

When I do replace my washer, I want to buy a machine that easy to repair.
Are appliances ever rated on ease of repair?
What washer is the easiest to work on?
There is only one top load washer platform that offers ease of self repair, but you still need to have some fairly good diagnostic skills to know what you are doing and you need to understand the theory of how a washing machine works. To start, you need to understand that a washer only does 4 things: fills, agitates, drains, spins. And you need to understand all the mechanical, electrical, and electronic components that make these 4 things happen.
Your best washer platform for self-repair is the direct drive machine by Whirlpool, which also comes under various brands, including Kenmore.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I think I know what you're saying.
The basic bread-and-butter model which is what I have.
I am sticking with it. I have the Estate by Whirlpool which is the generic brand of Whirlpool but cheaper.
Thanks
i like my maytag, just repaired a hose from the front via the removable front panel. the drive belt being underneath is cool too. see also wisdom at: http://applianceguru.com /
7 LAMPSTICKS 7 FEASTS 7 AGES OF DISPENSATION wrote:

Consumer Reports does have a graph on the frequency of repair on manufacturers.
P.S. Check Maytag - ha ha !
--
Have a Great Week !

Check Winter Haven\'s Current Weather