washing machine dry well

I'm looking to make a dry well for my washing machine. Anybody have any ideas or where to look? Thanks

Reply to
Joe

Check withyour county offices and then if you want to build one I would think that it would be fairly simple( this coming from a complete novice.) Run your washer drain hose out of your house ( I don't know where your washer is) underground to prevent freezing. The dry well doesn't have to be that big but it probably should be made of concrete. It should look like a tube. I've heard of people using 55gal drums but they tend to rust out quickly. fill a third of the well up with coarse gravel and run an overflow line to your septic well. remember, your dry well should be higher than your septic tank because gravity will be feeding it. cap it then rebury it and you're done.

phil

Reply to
PHILIPWOLF

Your local codes administration office?

Reply to
Hotrod

There was a dry well for our washer when we moved in 25 years ago; not sure how long it had been in use at that time. Recently, it started backing up. We called a plumber who said that over the years, the concrete walls get clogged with bits of fiber and no longer let the water seep out. I had to re-route the drain line to the sewer which was put in several years back.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

I just got a pipe that runs on the lawn. The lawn never clogs, and it dont cost a cent to operate. It's only water with a little detergent. Why do you need all this stuff? The grass likes it too !!!

Reply to
anoldfart2

Just don't set up the volleyball net too close to the outflow or you'll have a lot of muddy folks tramping in and out of your house.

Reply to
sleepdog