Washing machine draining problem

My washing machine is holding its water just fine when no agitating is going on, but as soon as the agitating begins the water starts to drain away until it is almost all gone and machine needs to refill. One wash load last night emptied my hot water tank! What is the matter with it and is this something that I can fix myself? The machine is really really old, but has been great and I really don't want to pay for a new one. Thank you. Anne

Reply to
anne

well, the first guess , is the solenoid that lets water in. If it sticks/ water will keep coming in. You could switch the hot/cold hoses and see what happens. good luck!

Reply to
A Veteran for Peace

Reply to
Don Young

-> My washing machine is holding its water just fine when no agitating is

-> going on, but as soon as the agitating begins the water starts to drain

-> away until it is almost all gone and machine needs to refill. One wash

-> load last night emptied my hot water tank! What is the matter with it

-> and is this something that I can fix myself? The machine is really

-> really old, but has been great and I really don't want to pay for a new

-> one. Thank you.

-> Anne

->

Wow, Anne. You actually got answers. I asked about my washing machine and got nothing but grief. Oh well.

Reply to
Suzie-Q