washing machine drain overflowing

I have already poured about every type of liquid and crystal drain openers into the drain. All the other drains in the house work fine.. I have had plumbers out and clean the lines many times before but the problem keeps coming back! Any ideas on how to correct this problem?
Brian Fisher wrote:

If it's solely a washing m/c drain, lint is the culprit. Get it snaked out (or maybe flush with a garden hose) and then install a lint trap on the washer outlet.
Jim
<< Any ideas on how to correct this problem? >>
Logically, find out what the real probelm is. Consider these: 1) The drain line may be too small for your machine, i.e., 1 1/2 " line where a 2" would be better. Check your owners manual. 2) The line may have abrupt direction changes, such as a 90 dgree tee into the main instead of a long sweep. 3) You may have a plugged or even non-existant vent. Remember the volume of water you are discharging has to displace an equal volume of air, like right now! when the machine pumps it out. Sometimes adding another modest vent will be enough for a system that is otherwise fairly functional. 4) Check downstream piping for odd configurations that could be lint traps. 5) Do your linty laundry at a commercial coin laundry, stuff like rag rugs, whatever.
HTH
Joe
Brian Fisher wrote:

pipes up and cost me $4500 to get it fixed as the bottom layer of the pipe was eated up by the chemicals as they sat in the bottom of the pipe..
Brian:
BF> I have already poured about every type of liquid and crystal drain BF> openers into the drain. All the other drains in the house work fine.. I BF> have had plumbers out and clean the lines many times before but the BF> problem keeps coming back! Any ideas on how to correct this problem? When the plumbers clean the lines what do they find? Here the washing machine drains into a tub. We use a laundry filter on the end of the output tube as well as a strainer that fits in the tub drain. Both collect quite a bit of lint!
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Show me a low cut dress and I'll show you a cold shoulder.
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971