washing machine discharge water...need help

i want to collect the discharged water from the washing machine, is there a hose end adapter to fit a regular garden hose and where do I find one if they exist. tia
garden hose inside diameter is too small, it will cause problem to washer with backpressure and trying to push thru the lint. is this is for gardening water? go to home depot and look at sump pump hoses in various lengths. after measuring the washer discharge hose size inside and out. take along a picture if possible. and you'll need to read up on stuff like skip the phosphate detergents if they are sold in your area.
snipped-for-privacy@dfw.net wrote:

A garden hose will present problems. Best to plumb it to the collection tank with PVC (same as drains use) or a large diameter hose. If you put restrictions in the line, you will have a backup in the machine. Once collected, you can use a smaller hose to take it to the next step.
Be aware that there are going to be a lot of contaminants in the water so check that it is safe for your intended use.
thanks for the tips, i was concerned about stepping the diameter down by that much. i will head over to the home depot and see if they can put me onto something. the intended use of the water is for shrubs. again thanks.
On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 17:48:53 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@dfw.net wrote:

I would pump the washer into another container, maybe a large garbage can maybe. Then, use another pump to pump it outside through a garden hose or pvc pipe. Keep in mind, though, that fine holes in any sprinkler head may get clogged by anything in the water, including lint. Some sprinkler heads that attach to a hose have a wide opening that will work better.
good idea, i can pull the hose out of the drain and put it into a large trash can, could work. there will not be anything to clog, i will take the water by pail to the shrubs and foundation...thanks
On 25 Jun 2006 21:10:49 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

i would use a cheap sump pump for watering, less work than pail by pail. surround pump door screen to prevent clogging.
many detergents act as fertilizers, you may be trimming more
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Shrubs love chlorine too, right?
On some machines the outlet of the drain hose must be above the top of the tub or the water can possibly be siphoned out of the tub during the wash cycle. Mine drains into a 2" pvc pipe which runs under the house to the front yard where it is hooked to black poly pipe. Besides not wanting to waste the water, I am on a septic tank. The yard seems to like it just fine, though I will admit I seldom use bleach.
snipped-for-privacy@dfw.net wrote:

As you mention, long ago, I used to pump into into a heavy duty wheeled garbage container and then wheel out to where I needed it.
30 gallons of water weighs some 240 pounds, so it ain't lite lifting.