WASHING MACHINE & BRICK CLEANING

I haave a 2 part question,,first does anyone knoe how to clean brick,,the front of our house is beige colored brick and the bottom rows are getting dirty,,how can I clean tehm..2nd...our washing machine when it is in spin cylce starts to vibrate and shake so much that we have to stop the machine and rearrange the clothes inside,,I put a piece of carpet under the front legs & it is level,,,what can I do..it shakes the whole house..HELP!!

Reply to
John Stockalis

Are you trying to clean those bricks in the washing machine?

Reply to
Bruno

Dont put too many clothes in the machine. they will all bunch up on one saide and cause the machine to shake. My freakin wife will never understand that

Reply to
red

It depends on the brick, Ive seen pros ruin beige brick on a million dollar house. Detrich makes chemicals- acids for cleaning. Sherwin Williams sells them. Or it could be as simple as a 20 % muriatic solution - powerwashed. Plus acid burns lungs, plants and eyes and skin. Is it hard glaze brick, medium,, what year, all sides of house. Cant SEE it cant give honest safe advice, are you sure it isnt mold or easy dirt. does it brush off, Lotta questions

Reply to
mark Ransley

I don't know what type of dirt you have on those bricks. Some types of soil can cause a ugly stain on stucco or brick or masonry.. I assume you have tried a good washing with your hose and even a brush..

If you use a cleaning agent or pressure wash (never sand or slurry blast), too much can damage the surface..

It must be understood that bricks have thin glaze on just the surface and if that glaze is broken, the brick will soak up moisture and deteriorate. Often times, older brick building have been painted and then some restorer will have the paint sandblasted off or a strong chemical cleaning and the glazed surface of the brick is lost. That's it, the end of the brick venear and a classic brick building is lost.

If in doubt, contact a contractor who knows brick and ask what is safe to use on it.. If he recommends anything as radical as I have discribed, forget him..

Reply to
Steve

Hi,

Carpet is the worst!! Has the washer worked ok in this location before? Cement floor, wood floor? Has the washer been moved recently? Make/model#?

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff