Washers to hold Foam Board

Page 1 of 2
Hi..finishing off my basement and am using sheets of foamboard to cover the concrete. I have used the proper adhesive but in some places where the concrete is not smooth the foam has some loose ares/ bulges. I want to use some tapcon screws to hold the foam in place. The thing is I cannot find any washers to use with the tapcon screws. Yes I can use two washers per screw but I am looking for plastic or metal washers that are about 1" - 1.5" in diameter and have a hole of about 3/16". Not to be found in Newfoundland. They do not even sell felt tins here anymore (HomeDepot, Kent, Rona etc).
Can anyone recommend something I can use? I was looking for a plastic tube that meets the measurements that i could make washers out of - but can't think of what exactly.
Add pictures here
✖
On Feb 6, 12:35 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

See if the roofing department has some of those nails with big plastic washers used to hold down roofing felt. Toss the nails and insert Tapcon. Ought to work ok IMO.
Joe
Add pictures here
✖

That was my first thought. These guys:
    http://www.simplexnails.com/PlexCapDataSheet.html     http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId051&langId=-1&catalogId053&productId0111688&N000003+90282+871
Or fender washers. Small hole with large washer.
Or tin Cap Discs. Just a flat round piece of sheet metal Comes in a box like screws/nails. No hole. This one shows 1-5/8" but I've seen a few sizes. Got thaem at HD once where all the nails and screws are.
    http://fasteners.hardwarestore.com/18-67-nails-bulk-cap/tin-cap-disc-303370.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term03370&utm_campaign=googlebase
Add pictures here
✖

*Plaster washers might work. They are thin, wide and take a drywall screw. Something else are those pins that are used to hold duct liner onto ducts. I don't know the name of them, but you can try a place that sells duct. The pins get glued onto the wall and then the insulation goes against them. Then a large washer is slid over the pin and is held in place by friction. The pins can be trimmed back.
Also check mcmaster.com. They have quite an assortment of hardware.
Add pictures here
✖
On 2/6/2009 10:35 AM snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com spake thus:

I'd be surprised if the local hardware stores didn't sell fender washers, which should be exactly what you need.
--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won\'t use it. I like it
✖
On Feb 6, 1:35 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Unless you care greatly about the esthetics, use the tops of pet food cans or anything similar. It really doesn't matter.
BTW, Most codes don't allow exposed foam insulation. Something about fire, dioxins and death. You might want to look into it.
Add pictures here
✖
why not use adhesive? A lot less drilling
Add pictures here
✖

It constantly amazes me when people do not read and "comprehend" the message before reposting...........
Add pictures here
✖
nefletch wrote:

Right. The suggestion should have read: "... why not use a LOT of adhesive?"
Add pictures here
✖

Your gonna have to shoot some strapping or 2X4's on for drywall to cover it up so that will hold it on....You CAN NOT leave it exposed....
Add pictures here
✖

Did you read what he wrote? No, you didn't
Add pictures here
✖
On Feb 6, 12:35 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Newfoundland, where is that, I did the same with foam board but no glue, washers of that size are at any hardware store here. If basement leaks at all or you get damp walls you should only screw and not glue it. So when it molds behind you can remove and waterproof and clean off the mold.
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 14:52:52 -0800 (PST), ransley

Don't get out much, do you ransley? Were you ever taught geography in school? Ever looked at one of those silly round spinning things on any teachers desk in school? They call it a globe. Judging from your typical spelling, I guess I'm forgetting that you most likely didn't make it past 5th grade. Bubba
Add pictures here
✖

Whats your point, wife and kids leave you nobody to kick, no more customers to rip off, so you are here for exactly what Bubba Gump.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 03:31:41 -0800 (PST), ransley

Im here to kick stupid fools like you that give out false, stupid, dangerous advice sugar coated with made up numbers which you do just so you can act like you know what you are talking about, when in fact you dont have the slightest first clue. It must really suck to be as stupid as you are ransley. Bubba
Add pictures here
✖
Bubba wrote:

Don't worry about the missing the apostrophe in "teacher's."
One of the rules of the planet (similar to the globe to which you refer - only bigger) is that every missing apostrophe is really being used improperly somewhere else.
Add pictures here
✖

and I won't worry about why you used the word "the" twice in your sentence improperly.
also, if you are going to quote punctuation, you might want to understand it all as teachers' is also accepted. I'll leave the English lesson for another day though. Bubba
Add pictures here
✖
On 2/7/2009 7:30 AM Bubba spake thus:

Since you're trying to pick nits here, I'm gonna pick yours: "teachers'" is plural. We're obviously dealing with a singular object here, so the man was right; it's "teacher's". So you're right; "teachers'" is also accepted--but only by the illiterate.
--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won\'t use it. I like it
✖
On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 10:50:05 -0800, David Nebenzahl

No, the only "Nit" is you. "teachers' " is plural and ALSO shows possession "teachers" is also plural. Maybe you need to go back to school and get rid of your illiterate degree. Bubba
Add pictures here
✖
Bubba wrote:

My newsreader occasionally adds things. I apologize.

We have a teaching moment here.
You are correct in noting that "teachers' " is a permitted form, but only when referring to the possessive plural, as in "The teachers' lounge is a crack-house." I'm fairly sure (but cannot be certain) that the singular possessive is what you intended to convey in your post. Contrast this with "The crack-pipe was found in the teacher's pants - the teacher's a crack-head!" The first is a singular possessive, the second is a contraction.
Add pictures here
✖