washer will not start

I have a kenmore series 80 washer its about 1 1/2 years old.
I put a bunch of cloths in for washing and turned on the knob and it started fine.
30 seconds later and I opened up the lid and added another shirt in the washer.
It stopped and will not start. I removed all the clothes and there is water inside.
there is no cancel button.
Any advise would help. Thanks.
rogv wrote:

Mess with the door interlock switch.

where would that be? There is a lid on top.

On our old Kenmore the lid switch only interrupts the 'spin' functions. The washer works fine in all respects (fills with water, agitates, and pumps out etc.) with the lid open; until it reaches 'spin' either for rinsing the clothes or the final spinning of water out of them prior to ending its cycle. So suggest it MAY NOT be the lid switch.

True on older washers, but most new washers will not do anything with the lid open, not even wash.

You are probably right for safety it did stop it. But still, I am not able to start the machine.
rogv wrote:

Yes, but did you bother the switch?
Did you poke a pencil at it in an effort to bestir it into doing what it's supposed to do?

My kenmore had a bad lid switch but it only activated on spin cycle, reset timer, turn full off and and on breaker and check for power.