washer - sludge

Hi - Wondering if anyone has any suggestions on the following problem. I have a Whirlpool Calypso washer, about a year old. Recently I noticed a strong odor, detergent/bleach kind of smell, in the laundry room after doing a load. After looking aorund, I noticed that there was some white sludgy substance running down the outside of the washer. It looked like it was coming from the inside of the washer from the area next to the detergent dispenser. I've been using HE liquid detergent all along, and never had a problem until now. Is it easy to get to the detergent dispenser to see if it is clogged up?

Thanks.

--Ed

Reply to
itisivo

You shouldn't be using the washer as a sex toy Ed

Reply to
Shadowz

Ed. If you pop off the Calypso emblem in the front you'll see a 1 1/2 screw that you can take out. Pull ahead on the top and the top will flip up. Calypso's have a problem (among many other problems)with the hose from the bleach dispenser leaking. It will drip down the inside front of the unit and pool @ the bottom. I would check this out before calling for service. Buy the way - Whirlpool has changed both the pump motor assembly and the ujoint and leveler assembly under the agitator to a much better design. You may be able to call whirlpool and complain loud and long enough to get them to cover at least the parts because they're in the middle of a class action lawsuit on that unit. Just remember that the "squeaky wheel gets the grease". You'll have to silicone that emblem back on because the tabs will probably break off. Put tape on it to hold it until the silicone sets up. Also, If you're following detergent instructions on the HE detergent you using waaay too much. Remember, unless you're a farmer you're not washing very dirty clothing! Good luck!

Reply to
motsbc

Whoops, I didn't see the date on Ed's posting! My bad! (Damn, I hate that saying)! Well at any rate. The advice holds true for all Calypso's. At least they stopped making them!

Reply to
motsbc