washer question

A while back, I posted about a washer problem. It has been resolved, but now I have a question. The washer is a Maytag Mah4000AWW. I know for a fact the door seals, the drain pump, and the main control board have been upgraded since the unit came out in 2000. I'd like to know if any other parts have been upgraded since then. If anyone has info on this, please let me know and thanks in advance. If you want, you can email me privately.

Reply to
Shane Hecker

The most significant change that applies to most early Neptune machines is a new motor and motor board combination. The part number is

12002039.
Reply to
nospamtodd

I've likely got the original motor that came in the machine. What problems did they fix with the newer motor and control board?

Shane

Reply to
Shane Hecker

The motor kit is used to replace an inoperable motor board. The symptom is escaping me right now, but it is either the motor won't run at all, or it won't spin at high speed. Sometimes there is a burned part on the board, and sometimes there is an open fuse on the board.

Reply to
nospamtodd