washer problem

I have a Maytag Neptune mah4000. To make a long story short, the machine worked fine until some repairs were made to it. The repairs were done as part of the settlement which Maytag reached over a class action suit. Now, the machine won't go into the spin cycle. Three circuit boards and a month later, the problem is still not fixed. I opened up the front of the machine and found the plunger which pushes a microswitch is not hitting the switch. It passes just above it. The technician came out and said the switch was worn out and to get a new one. Tried this but it didn't fix it. A piece of well placed particle board fixes the problem, but I'd rather fix it properly. Any idea what I should do? Thanks for any info.

Reply to
Shane Hecker

The components in the door switch area fit tightly together. There is no such thing as a worn part in that area. If the plunger isn't hitting the switch, then something is not installed correctly. Believe it or not, putting a shim in like you did is a good measure that you should settle for, if it makes everything work correctly.

Reply to
nospamtodd

A really good place to list your question is at

This site is for appliance technicians.

You may also look at

for help.

Reply to