washer machine problem

Sounds as if you have a vacuum cleaner problem, since Hoover does not make, as far as I know, washing machines.

Make a new post and clarify what type of appliance you are talking about.

Reply to
timbirr

Not to be confused with the "Hoover U5244 930" which is a vacuum cleaner

Though I am still confused because holding fan blades that make cloth turn around sounds incorrect. Do you perhaps mean to say that if you hold or turn the agitator, which moves the clothes around, it makes grinding noises, then I might suggest the transmission is broken and it is time to get a new washer since repaing this part usually exceeds the replacement cost (and nearly so for even a DIY job). The transmission (gear box) usually cannot be repaired or rebuilt as a gear inside is probably stripped.

Must be an oldie 'cause only web reference I see to a washer is for a used one for $100 and no new hoover washers appear on any shopping sites.

Reply to
PipeDown

Gary Weselle wrote

Gollleee, didn't know Hoover makes (made) them....Is there any oil or anything noticeable under the machine that would indicate transmission....If so, as mentioned, time for the junk heap.

If you want to take the chance, you could try replacing the agitator, depending on if parts are available....

Don't know how you go about it on your machine, but the following might give you enough of an idea to get you started -- ask a parts house how much a new agitator assembly would be...

timbirr

Hi

I have a Hoover Elite 930 which few years old. It is made some strange noises yesterday before my wife shut it off, now when I hold the "fan blades" think that makes the cloth turn around, and try to turn it by hand, it makes some crackly noise. I am not sure what and where to start.

Any ideas?

thanks

Reply to
Gary Weselle

washing machine Hoover Elite 930

Reply to
Gary Weselle

WHy bother? Junk it. It's a common problem withe these. Bearing failure. They're giving away the machines on eBay:

~^Johnny^~