Washer leaking from bottom. Does leveling fix the problem?

My washer leaked a litte from underneath this morning. I couldn't see where it was coming from because it was sealed. I noticed that the washer wasn't leveled so I propped some would under some of the legs and made it level. It didn't leak when I tried it again. Is it fixed? do washers leak when they are not level?
Probably not. What make and model? It could be leaking from the fill or drain hoses. Keep a close eye on it to see what it's doing
when it leaks

See if you can take the front panel off to watch for leaks. Chances are it is a hose. I've had leaks where the hose goes on to the pump, it cold be a split in a fill hose. I doubt leveling will make any difference.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
-See if you can take the front panel off to watch for leaks.
The washer I had prior to my current unit did not have a front panel that could be taken off. The only access was from the back...that is until I modified it!
When my old top loader developed a leaky pump, my wife wasn't quite ready to drop the big bucks on the front loader we wanted. I didn't want to put any money into repairing the old one, so I pulled the machine away from the wall, placed the largest roasting pan I could under the leak and slid the unit back against the wall. I knew all along that once the pan filled up, there was no way I was going to move the washer without spilling the water, but I needed time to find the washer we wanted at the right price. I got a few more weeks out of the leaky washer until the pan overflowed, at which time I grabbed the jig saw, cut a section out of the front panel and removed the pan from the front.
A few days after that, the washer we had been eyeing went on sale, so we only lived with a hole in the front of our washer for a week or so.
message

Some models will spray water outside of the tub if it is spinning out of balance then show no signs of a leak on the next load.
Your washer should have adjustable feet to level it.
It's actually a very old model, probably 20 years, that we inherited from the last owners. The name is "Speed Queen", no make is visible from the front. To take off the front panel do I just unscrew the two nuts at the bottom? I checked the back and none of the visible hoses are leaking.

It can vary, but usually, take the screws or nuts off the bottom of the panel and lift it out and the top will have some sort of clip. At 20 years, it may bell be a cracked drain hose, often right at a clamp.
Joe wrote:

I had a washer, years and years ago, that I thought was leaking. Repairman said there was no leak underneath and that it just needed a splash guard - he installed it and that fixed it. Water was splashing over the top of the tub. I think it might have happened more with lower loads, but do not remember.
How old a machine is it?
Not sure how old the machine is possibly over 20-25 yrs. Interesting that you mentioned it happened with lower loads. The load that was in the washer when it started leaking was a very small load.

Only if you are talking a tiny leak. Some splashing can get over the rim and there may be gaps in the rim and water will flow out those gaps and to the floor if the leveling is wrong in the right direction.