Washer Install Water Leak

I am trying to install my clothes washer and when I go to hook up my cold water line, I get leakage from the top of the hose, where the hose meets the fitting. I am at a loss as to why this is happening, any help or suggestions would be appreciated
Thomas Jones wrote:

Is it a new hose? New washer? Inspect the seating surface on the faucet/valve for tiny imperfections. If any, smooth with a flat file.
Jim
Thomas Jones wrote:

them....
Try replacing the washer inside the female hose fitting. Someitmes a crack can be difficult for the eyes to see, but water at 50 - 70 psi WILL make it show up. If it still leaks after that, it's time for a new hose, they don't last forever, but what does?