Washer hose connection

Went to assist my sister in what should have been a simple job, replace a washer hose.
Connection at the washer removed easily. The end connected to the wall spigot won't budge. Complicating factor is the spigot itself is not firmly secured to the wall. Rather it passes through a cabinet front panel loosely.
I'm using a second wrench to counter the twisting actions. Sprayed it with WD-40 to see if that might free the threads a little.
Any other suggestions?
Jim wrote:

Probably don't dare use a torch to heat the hose end, so in that case run a hacksaw blade thru the hose end brass. You don't have to go all the way thru, just deep enough that you can force the thing open (chisel/screwdriver).
Speedy Jim wrote:

Bigger wrench comes to mind... :)
For OP, what are you using for wrenches?
It's likely justt corrosion products/lime deposits. A good vinegar bath may do wonders with less likelihood of tearing something else up w/ hammer/chisel, bmfw...

Use liquid wrench. WD is not really designed to free stuck parts it is a lubricant.
Heat from a hair dryer might help. You won't melt any solder joints with that.
Is the piping copper, plastic or galvanized?
Colbyt wrote:

Actually it is not a lubricant (or not a very good one) but it is a Water Displacement (a good one).
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
Colbyt wrote:

After an hour of repeated applications of liquid wrench, tapping, etc., still won't budge. Having sister reapply several times more today and tomorrow morning before I make a final attempt. Will bring a hacksaw just in case.
Pipping appears to be copper. If it doesn't free up easily I'll have her call a plumber as I don't wish to generate any cracks or loose joints.
Jim wrote:

As previously noted, for water corrosion products on copper, vinegar or CLR or other acidic solution will be _much_ more effective than any of the other penetrating oils designed for iron rust -- that ain't what you got here and they're pretty much ineffectual (as you've discovered).
Bigger wrench and a propane torch will be bound to work... :)

About one minute with a torch should do it. Careful, as it will get very hot. Heat it, then hold with a wrench as you take the hose off with Channel Lock pliers.

Sometimes, tightening a little will loosen things up.
What kind of wrench fits on a hose fitting? A few are hexagonal but most are round.
Water pump pliers sound good for that (such as Channel-loc), the longer the better.

I had exactly the same situation down to the shaky connection. Could not get that thing off and it looked like the pipe was going to twist if I didn't cut it out. Long story short, the plumber I hired to do it didn't have better luck and wound up cutting the pipe and replacing that section along with new spigots.
nancy
Nancy Young wrote:

Small world. Yesterday I returned to her house armed with a hacksaw blade, large Channel-locs, and a torch. Managed to further twist the tubing. Decided before tubing developed a crack to call in a plumber. Suggested she have the water supply lines rerouted and securely mounted.