Washer & Dryer recomendation's

I am moving & need a new Washer & Electric Dryer. When i go to Lowe's,Homedepot,etc. & read the reviews they all are horrible. I can't find one with a good review. So i thought i would ask here. Any recommendation's appreciated.

Reply to
desgnr

Aside from the 2 hours it took to buy a set from HD (almost like buying a car), we are happy with LG.

Consumer reports gives the highest marks to Sears' home brand, I'd recommenced that direction.

As for setup and install, again, using HD subs makes me wish I had used Sears subs instead.

And if you are going to buy front load, make sure you are prepared ahead of time to combat known issues. Not bad, just be forewarned.

Reply to
ng_reader

Get a Speed Queen or go to your local Laundromat and take down the model and number of one of theirs, which will probably be a Speed Queen. .

Reply to
Molly Brown

FWIW: Whirlpool consistently gets good reviews in Consumer Reposts. We bought a Duet (washer only) about 6 years ago and it's still going strong. If you're looking at lower priced w&d Ropers are Whirlpool's low priced brand and I'd consider them.

Reply to
JimT

re: "to combat known issues. Not bad, just be forewarned"

Since "combat" usually refers to fighting, it seems strange (at least to me) that you would use "Not bad" in the very next statement.

What are these "known issues" that you refer to?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Stank, mostly.

Reply to
ng_reader

We bought a Whirlpool Cabrio set a couple of years ago and are quite happy with them. We didn't go with a front-loader because the repair ratings (on ALL of them) were so poor. The thought was that the Cabrio gives the advantages of a front loader, keeping the configuration of a top-loader. So far it's worked out well. The washer sounds a little funny, though. ;-)

Reply to
keith

If you really want it to last and have money buy a commercial unit, out last set lasted 35+ years

Reply to
ransley

Consider a washer and dryer with less bells & whistles. Think plane vanilla, the less cycle options, the more reliable the machines will be. Some of the chips in these machines cost almost as much installed as a more modest machine. My guess is that even a less costly pair will do the job. Think Murphy's Law. Joe G

Reply to
GROVER

I'd recommend you talk to a local dealer instead of the big box stores. They can be very competitive on price and offer better service. Find a dealer that does his own service. They know what brands to avoid.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

We have a dealer locally who sells virtually all the big brands - and we bought the Samsung midline units (front load) at their recommendation. 3 years and not a speck of trouble. Abouit $75 less than any of the big-box stores.

Reply to
clare

I remember a few years ago in misc.consumers one guy said he went with a front loader primarily because he enjoyed being able to sit and view his clothes being washed. I recommended a top loader and Netflix as an alternative.

Reply to
Dennis M

Six years ago I bought a Fisher and Paykel top load washer because I was impressed with its simplicity. To top it off, it was eligible for an energy saver rebate. I haven't had any trouble with it. I don't recommend their overly complex top loading dryer; it's a solution to a non-existent problem. If the washer does a good job spin-drying the load, there's less for the dryer to do.

Reply to
Bob

I have Whirlpool, no serious problems with them for about 19 years. Kenmore is usually decent. Select large/super capacity with as few features as possible to save $$$ in the long run.

Reply to
Phisherman