Washer/Dryer in dirt basement?

I have an older home with a dirt basement with a stone foundation. I was considering having ther washer dryer moved down there (currently they are in the kitchen) close to the stairs.

What I was thinking was to put some concrete blocks down and place the machines on top of them. Next I would take some wooden pallets and nail plywood to the tops to create a path to the bottom of the stairs.

We may eventually pour a floor down there, but we're not ready for the expense right now (kitchen is going to be remodeled $$) So I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and what your thoughts were.

Thanks

-Owen

Reply to
odiggity

Check water and sewer connections. Check dryer vent path. If that works out, I'd build a floor for travel and for the machines out of pallets. That should be easier to level and to place machines than the block. TB

Reply to
tbasc

Greetings,

Even if you don't want to pour the entire basement you could pour a 5x10' 4" thick pad for around $100 if you do it yourself.

Hope this helps, William

Reply to
William Deans

Sound like electrocution city to me. Put in a floor that doesn't conduct electricity.

PJ

Reply to
PJx

Reply to