washer connection

I am trying to connect a washer. The washer has hot water hose and cold water hose and a drain. The wall has a hot water faucet, cold water faucet, drain, and an additional copper pipe 1/2 with no faucet. What is that additional pipe for? What do I need to do with it?

Reply to
Philip5malin

Not enough information. Is the pipe laying on the floor? Is it in the wall? Is it partly in the wall and partly out of the wall? Is it open? Is it closed?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Perhaps for a future water softener?

Reply to
norminn

If it's vertical and extends above the faucets, it may be a anti-hammer chamber.

Reply to
Charlie Darwin

Like my setup? It's for a water softener, particularly if the pipe is over a drain line.

My softener's discharge drain.

Reply to
Oren

If the additional pipe is connected to a supply pipe , it is an anti- hammer feature. YOu need to tell us what the additional pipe is connected to.

Reply to
hrhofmann