Washer cold water won't fill after filler hoses replaced: the rest of the story

I replaced the filler hoses because an "aneurism" threatened to burst. I used metal clad hoses by Flood Protection. Expensive, but I assumed a good product. Although the hot water worked fine, no cold water was getting to the washer. Others on this group offered suggestions, all good, but none helped.

It turns out that this brand has a built in automatic cutoff if the flow is greater than 3.5 gpm and considers this evidence of a hose burst. To restore it, the hose must be disconnected from the supply.

GF discovered all this by reading the tags on the hoses!

Reply to
Stubby

Women can be very useful at times. They read instructions and (perish the thought) maps. :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

No, they can't read maps, but they are not ashamed to ask for directions from complete strangers. :-)

Reply to
Willshak

Hmmm, That's why guys get lost more when driving, LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Sounds interesting. I take it the cutoff valves are built into the inlet end of the hoses?

What's the hose brand? I'm using armored hoses, having suffered one burst rubber hose about ten years ago. But the hoses you described might just be worth my buying.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Yes.

Flood Protection

I'm using armored hoses, having suffered one

That was my conclusion.

Reply to
Stubby