Washer cold water won't fill after filler hoses replaced: the rest of the story

I replaced the filler hoses because an "aneurism" threatened to burst. I used metal clad hoses by Flood Protection. Expensive, but I assumed a good product. Although the hot water worked fine, no cold water was getting to the washer. Others on this group offered suggestions, all good, but none helped.
It turns out that this brand has a built in automatic cutoff if the flow is greater than 3.5 gpm and considers this evidence of a hose burst. To restore it, the hose must be disconnected from the supply.
GF discovered all this by reading the tags on the hoses!

Women can be very useful at times. They read instructions and (perish the thought) maps. :-)
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

No, they can't read maps, but they are not ashamed to ask for directions from complete strangers. :-)
--
Bill
in Hamptonburgh, NY
Willshak wrote:

Hmmm, That's why guys get lost more when driving, LOL!
Stubby wrote:

Sounds interesting. I take it the cutoff valves are built into the inlet end of the hoses?
What's the hose brand? I'm using armored hoses, having suffered one burst rubber hose about ten years ago. But the hoses you described might just be worth my buying.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Yes.
Flood Protection
I'm using armored hoses, having suffered one

That was my conclusion.