washer broken

The above is from a previous post. Anyway, the belt is fine and everything else looks fine. I've pulled out the pump, "very easy BTW". The pully on top seems a little stiff. How freely should the pully move. I don't know how to describe it, but it seems like it should move a little easier....thanks for anyone that replied to my last post..
It should have some resistance to it because of the seal (you should be able to turn it by hand). It will still agitate if the pump it bad. I fixed on that had underwear plugging up the pump. It sounds to me that it could be the following- Transmission, motor, or the control timer. If you can verify that the motor is working then you might be able to rule out the transmission and just need to replace the control timer. (Question- can you move the knob through the cycles with out tuning the washer off? If so then I will bet that the control is bad. Doing this burns out the contacts in the timer)
Good luck... Jeff
bob wrote:

Both times, I lost a pump they leaked water on the floor beneath the machine. that has been my clue for pumps.

on it that kicks off everything. Check that the solenoids pick and the actuators grab the stuff. Broken wires are common.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...

for when it does go. It's not the timer. I did your test. The washer only works when the washer is empty or almost empty. When it's empty, it go's thru all the cycles "spins, drains, adgitates etc". That leaves the tranny and motor? Even with a full load, you figure it should drain or do something, but it doesn't...thanx again...the new pump had about the same resistance...I should have clued in...the pump will not go to waste...I will use it one day