Washer and dryer specifications

My Googling skills seem to have broken down. I need to find a website that list washer and dryers and their specifications for comparison. I'm looking for machines that will fit through the door to our cellar and down the stairs. So I would like to get a list of which machines meet my requirements (doorway is 24" wide).
So I have to turn to the human experts here. Can someone please suggest a site or two that has this information.
--
Peace,
BobJ

that
looking
You could go to Sears.com and check out the specs on Whirlpool, GE, Kenmore, and Maytag. However, I've sold these things for 25 years and I can tell you that of those brands you'll find the washers are 25 1/2 inches from front to back and the dryers do come in the same dimension front to back. But the narrowest washer (in a full size) is 24 inches wide and the narrowest dryer is 27 inches wide. You can find slightly less than 24 inches in the very small apartment size models. You might have better luck shopping a large RV shop like Camper's World. There are some pretty small machines designed for motorhomes and campers that might fit the bill.
sears, homedepot, or lowes off the top of my head.

Kenmore,
you
dryer
RV
for

Hi,
Some places to check... Manufactures sites links... http://www.appliance411.com/links/Appliance_Brands /
A consumers site... http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Large_Appliances-All

Many washers can be taken apart up stairs and put bake together in the basement, check with local retail store. We do this several times a year.
Bob:
MA> My Googling skills seem to have broken down. I need to find a website that MA> list washer and dryers and their specifications for comparison. I'm lookinMA> for machines that will fit through the door to our cellar and down the MA> stairs. So I would like to get a list of which machines meet my MA> requirements (doorway is 24" wide). MA> MA> So I have to turn to the human experts here. Can someone please suggest a MA> site or two that has this information.
No site suggestions but perhaps look at washer and dryers made for trailers/mobile homes? Or stackable units.
Any possibilty of taking the door frame out temporarily to gain an extra inch or so?
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Computer Cooking: DOCUMENT: Small, after-dinner candy
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971

Sears has the only site I've seen lately which will narrow search results by size. They list 3 models of washers 24" and narrower, 2-22" compact Kenmore models (made by Whirlpool) and 1-24" model (I don't know whom makes it for Sears).
http://tinyurl.com/2msu3
You can see some other small and compact models at the following web site which specializes in compart appliances but you'll have to look at each's specs one by one.
http://tinyurl.com/2t8ht
I don't see size (width) as a search option for dryers at Sears and don't know of anywhere else that offers that search option. Maybe a combo washer/dryer?
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=compact+washers
=~~~~~~
Thanks all. I'll go look at the sites. I'm surprised at the comments about washer size however. The full size Whirlpool washer we bought in 1986 was 23 1/2" front to back. The standard Whirlpool dryer was also 23 1/2" front to back. The one we bought was the same on the top, but had a bulge in the back, making it about 26" F to B. We got it down into the cellar through the coal chute and I guess will have to get it up that way. If it seems like all machines are bigger now, I guess we will have to negotiate with the delivery people to take it down through the chute.
--
Peace,
BobJ